Tuesday, August 27, 2019

August 22-23, 2019 - You {lymph nodes} Need To Calm Down


While many of us truly *hate* Facebook, it is such a God-send when you find yourself diagnosed with cancer. I am so thankful for the community of people I have met worldwide who have CLL. Commiserating with those who know what you are going thru has been my life line. This is Aimee. She is in a CLL group on Facebook I help to admin. It is for those who are diagnosed under 50 years old. She was also at MD Anderson the same day I was. It was the highlight of my Houston visit: to meet Aimee in person. Keep fighting, Aimee!! We got this!!

Update on my appointments: my white blood cell count and lymphocyte counts were high (actually, triple what they were at my last visit on 8/6). This can be related to CLL, an infection, or both. 

All the swollen nodes (I gained over 5 lbs in swelling), have been going down since restarting Imbruvica. Except I had 3 very painful nodes in my neck that were not budging. The pain was constant, and I could not get any relief. I gave 14 vials of blood over 2 days and a urine sample for tests. The results are all still pending. After I saw my CLL doctor, I then saw an Infectious Disease doctor. He didn’t have many ideas as to why those 3 nodes were still swollen and so painful. Again, we are all waiting on the blood tests. In the meantime, ID wanted me to try a round of antibiotics. Within 12 hours of my first dose, I finally, for the first time in over 8 days, had some relief to the constant pain!! My lab work didn’t look like anything bacterial was going on, but for whatever reason, the antibiotics are helping. 

I’m now home. The pain is getting less and less each day. The total body swelling is going down, and I’m beginning to feel more like my usual self. I have had episodes of overwhelming, out of nowhere lethargy. But it’s getting better each day. I don’t slow down easily so this has been hard for me. But I’m trying! {cue Taylor Swift: You Need To Calm Down}

So for now, I’m still waiting to see if the blood work shows anything remarkable. I’m letting the antibiotics do their thing. I’ll go back to Houston in November to possibly switch to a different med. So there are still many unknowns, but I’ll tell you what I do know: I won’t be suddenly stopping Imbruvica again. Nope. Nope. Nope. 

Hoping to be back to 100% soon! I’m almost there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment